e-m Business and Digital Economy
Electronic and mobile Business is defined as the utilization of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in support of all business activities in the digital environment. E-m business technologies & models enable companies to link their internal and external data processing systems more efficiently and flexibly, to work more closely with suppliers, partners, and customers, to enhance customers’ communication and knowledge, and to improve their efficiency. The digital enterprise is based on integrated information systems and communication technologies on the Web and social networking environment. The applications of e-m business involve specific decisions, studies, and best practices in various business sectors (government, health, smart cities, education, environment, retailing, tourism, logistics, etc.).
Digital economy is considered the new economic environment which is created due to the extended use of ICTs in organizations, businesses, and the citizen’s daily life. Digital economy is neither only the use of digital goods nor exclusively the operation of digital enterprises. It is the new economy and the information society which are affected, to a greater or lesser extent, by ICTs and mostly the Internet. It is a fact, that digital economy comprises even industries of the primary production sector that use ICTs (e.g. digital agriculture); these are industries which in the past were far away from technology. Digital economy deals with many contemporary issues, such as the assessment of the impact of ICTs upon primary economic variables (e.g. GDP, inflation, employment rate), the investigation of the influence of new technologies on productivity and competitiveness, the measurement of the digital divide, the consequences of ICTs on the environment and the perspective of sustainable development, etc.
ISeB Priorities on e-m Business
- Contribute to planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative tools, Web technologies and models in the digital era, digital enterprise, and digital marketing.
- Develop and analyze e-m business models, digital marketing, and social media platforms / applications (collaborative and viral marketing, community models, affiliate marketing, online promotion, digital advertising, search engine optimization / marketing, Google Adwords, consumer generated marketing and content, e-mail marketing, online distribution – multichannel policy, omnichannels, online pricing, mobile devices and apps, the use of social networks for brand awareness, etc.).
- Design and evaluate e-m business, digital marketing, and social media activities (e-m applications, Web & social media metrics/analytics, tracking systems, online advertising measurement, Web site evaluation, measurement of the effectiveness of digital marketing and social media actions and campaigns, etc.).
- Research on online – mobile customers’ behavior, examine segmentation, targeting, and positioning strategy in a digital environment, and examine behavioral targeting based on Web & social media analytics.
- Determine and design the detailed steps of an e-m business plan & digital marketing – social media plan.
ISeB Priorities on Digital Economy
- Identify the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the digital economy, i.e. indicators which are used to measure the impact of the digital economy upon industries, organizations, businesses, etc.
- Design tools for developing, monitoring and measuring KPIs, and making decisions about the actions required for better results on KPIs.
- Develop models in the context of estimating the extent of significant changes in the economy and the society, such as the digital currency, the sustainable development due to ‘green’ ICTs, free and open-source software, etc.
- Examine the ways that ICTs and mostly the Internet are expected to contribute to the evolution of the economy and the society in the near future